We Care for Your Security
ACA Sports takes online security very seriously. As a result we have undergone some intensive security testing to improve our security and comply with nationally recognised programmes designed to improve customer confidence. For more details about our security, please read about our security arrangments with regards to online payments.
SagePay (formerly known as Protx) provides very high levels of internet and physical security to ensure sensitive information is never compromised.
- credit/debit card details are secured within 128-bit encrypted sessions.
- sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database that is protected by multiple government approved firewalls.
- additional security measures include a security key that is used to produce an MD5 hash value. Hash values are often used as digital signatures as they cannot be reversed to obtain the original information. They allow the receiver to validate that the information received is identical to that sent.
SagePay VSP is designed so the vendor doesn't have to hold sensitive information on their site, should anyone gain unauthorised access to their database the information they obtain will not allow them to recover credit card details or other sensitive information.
The possibility of obtaining sensitive information from the SagePay VSP database is minimised due to high levels of encryption; firewall security and the measures taken to ensure the information is indecipherable.
For more information about SagePay, please visit the SagePay Secure Payment webpage.
The SafeBuy Assurance Scheme for web-based retailers is operated by Software Research Ltd
The Scheme, amongst other things, requires web retailers to:
- Adhere to the terms of the Sale of Goods Act, the EU Distance Selling Regulations and the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications;
- Conform to the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Provide security for the processing of credit card transactions;
- Include physical location and contact details for themselves on their website;
- Display the total price consumers must pay for goods including delivery costs and provide a clear explanation of the delivery procedures;
- Advise the consumer if 'cookies' are required for the processing of data;
- Not use 'spam' for marketing purposes;
- Avoid exploitation of children
For more information about this scheme, please visit the Safebuy Assurance Scheme webpage.
Our SafeBuy Accreditation No. is 410208.
Comodo is a world renowned Certification Authority that ACA Sports applied to, were vetted by, and accepted to recieve their SSL secure certificate to allow online payments to be taken.
For more information about this scheme, please visit the Comodo Group webpage.